Date: Sunday 26th September
Venue: Fitzroy Gardens, meet outside conservatory
You need not be an amazing artist, just bring some pen and paper or your camera. Meet us, get into chat mode, and we’ll get some creative juices flowing in no time! And soon, we’ll be exchanging notes and ideas! It’ll be fun!
And the best part is, it’s FREE! (Did you know that people pay amounts to sketch at life drawing classes?)
Jia's story after the jump
Our story begins…one drizzling day in Melbourne, two
jobless young girls
decided to hang out at Federation Square to sketch for inspiration.
The end result:
Determined to add more cute doodles to their sketchbook, for future uses besides brushing up on their hand drawing skills, the girls began roaming cafes and random spots across Melbourne city, sitting down to doodle/sketch more.
Until one day…
So they approached the ASAM team…Hence ASAM sketching is born!
What to bring:
- · your own sketchbook/papers
- · pens/paint/brushes/pencils
- · camera for photography-lovers
- · newspaper/picnic rag (to protect thy royal bottom from mouldy wet patches)
What you will get out of it:
- · pretty pictures to add to your folio
- · more artsy friends/
more people to promote your business to
- · fun!
How to get there:
- · From Collin St, take tram route 109 to box hill/ 112 to Preston
- · From Flinders St, take tram 75 to Vermont South
- · Alternatively take the free city circle tram from Flinders St, heading to Spring St. Ask driver for stop near gardens.